Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bright beginnings

This blog post is merely to make a beginning to my blog space. I usually hang out on MySpace (www.myspace.com/moo_land), where my blogging to date has happened. I thought I'd give this a go as a dedicated blog site.

The title 'Light at the end of the tunnel' came about as I've just recently put up a Polytunnel and am very likely to blog about growing vegetables, self-sufficiency and other things 'green' such as wind generated electricity and recycling ideas. I have the tunnel for the bast part of a year unassembled in my shed due to coming down with glandular fever for the last 6 months of last year. The 'light at the end of the tunnel' is borne out of the relief and finally a sense of achievement on getting the thing built and running. All will be blogged about as I (hopefully) make progress and attempt the experiments I've been years wanting to make happen.

Another aspect of me that I'm likely to broadcast about is my main hobby 'Historical Re-enactment & Living History' or 'Experimental Archaeology'. I have several projects in mind, some already in progress, to undertake with my friends in our group 'Mogh Roith' (www.moghroith.org). We have recently gained access to a local heritage park/centre where we are already making our presence felt in the adding of items we've made and the installation of new features. Again I will fill in the gaps here.

So that's the ball rolling :)

No comments: